Fans Code of Conduct
Southend United is a Club with firm family values and it's aim is to eradicate anti social behaviour which causes offence. We, as a Club, are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable sports and entertainment experience and to preventing provocation, incitement and harassment of other individuals.
We are a family friendly club and welcome support from all regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability. We want everyone to feel welcome when they visit Roots Hall whether they are Southend supporters or supporters of other clubs.
We want our supporters to encourage the team but at the same time we want to show respect for our opponents, the match officials, opposition fans and our own staff, stewards and employees.
Southend United fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Players respect and appreciate each and every fan
- Fans will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all Club personnel
- Fans will enjoy the football experience free from disruptive behaviour, including foul, offensive, insulting, abusive language or obscene gestures
- Fans will consume alcohol in a responsible manner
- Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage fan will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Fans will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their season ticket card or ticket when requested
- Fans who engage in anti-social behaviour, fighting, throwing objects or causing distress to any other supporter will be immediately ejected from the game
- Fans who enter the field of play will automatically be ejected and banned from the Club
- Fans are forbidden to smoke at Roots Hall
- There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing
- Fans will comply with requests from Club personnel regarding stadium operations and emergency evacuation procedures
- Fans will also be responsible for reporting inappropriate behaviour to a representative of the Club
Club staff have been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and supporters are encouraged to report any inappropriate behaviour to the nearest steward. If you feel too intimidated to do this then please find a safe environment to call the main reception on 01702 304050 to report your complaint where it will be dealt with swiftly and in confidence. Please ensure that in all reporting you include the stand, row and seat numbers and a brief description of the complaint.
Alternatively you can call the Club during working hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fans that choose not to adhere to these provisions or behave in an inappropriate manner bringing the Club into disrepute may be ejected and/or banned from Roots Hall. Such fans may receive a ban or loss of season ticket. In extreme cases fans may be subject to arrest by the police.
Entry to Roots Hall is expressly subject to acceptance of the Ground Regulations, the rules and regulations of FIFA, UEFA, The Football Association, The FA Premier League and the EFL in respect of the relevant competition, and Southend United's Ticket Conditions, copies of which are displayed around the ground or available upon request.